- « 4 affordable rustic getaways not far from Singapore »
- « MATTA: Travel industry is not ready for GST »
- « Visa processing fees too high, say Indonesia agencies »
- « Shopping foreign tourists’ worst Korean experience »
- « Osaka studies taxi services for international visitors »
- « New counter to process Malaysia's fast-track clearance pass in Orchard »
- « Xi'an: Jewel of ancient China still shines brightly »
- « Beautiful cherry blossoms in China prompt ugly behaviour »
- « Here's why you should never buy travel insurance from airlines »
- « AirAsia's Free Seats promo a big hit »
10 places to avoid Christmas
Skyscanner | Tue, Dec 24 2013
This article was originally published on the flight comparison site Skyscanner.
If the idea of Christmas fills you with dread, there are a number of countries around the world where 25th December is not even a public holiday.
You can hop on a plane, and in a matter of hours, the horrors of present buying, TV specials and the Queen's speech can all be left behind.
In the true spirit of the festive season, we bring you the top ten anti-Christmas getaways.
Least Christmassy places on the planet
Click on thumbnail to view. Story continues after photos. (Photos: Wikimedia Commons, Luxury Retreats, Reuters, AFP, Dhilung Kirat)