- « Going with the flow on the Mekong river »
- « SIA's Singapore Heritage Cuisine »
- « Barcelona struggles with rising tide of tourists »
- « Unesco title plants Singapore firmly on world map »
- « 5 things you need to know before you skydive »
- « Chinese travellers rely on word of mouth most for travel info »
- « 7 Perth-fect things to do around Western Australia »
- « Asia-Pac passenger traffic leaps 10% in May »
- « 10 things to know about North Korea's new airport terminal »
- « Vietnam Airlines launches new-generation Airbus plane »
10 places to avoid Christmas
Skyscanner | Tue, Dec 24 2013
This article was originally published on the flight comparison site Skyscanner.
If the idea of Christmas fills you with dread, there are a number of countries around the world where 25th December is not even a public holiday.
You can hop on a plane, and in a matter of hours, the horrors of present buying, TV specials and the Queen's speech can all be left behind.
In the true spirit of the festive season, we bring you the top ten anti-Christmas getaways.
Least Christmassy places on the planet
Click on thumbnail to view. Story continues after photos. (Photos: Wikimedia Commons, Luxury Retreats, Reuters, AFP, Dhilung Kirat)