- « Travel off-peak and get 20% discount on Eurail Passes »
- « Budget airline AirAsia considers flying into Dubai: Group CEO »
- « Russian missing during mountain trek in North Sumatra »
- « Top 10 places to get married abroad »
- « Taiwan govt promotes tourism in Kaohsiung, Penghu »
- « Louvre, the world's most visited museum, will soon open every day »
- « China halts visas for Hong Kong-bound tour groups: Travel body »
- « Hong Kong protests: Tours and flights from Singapore unaffected for now »
- « Changi Airport, SIA trump rivals to multiple awards »
- « Free entry to ArtScience Museum on Hari Raya Haji and Deepavali »
10 places to avoid Christmas
Skyscanner | Tue, Dec 24 2013
This article was originally published on the flight comparison site Skyscanner.
If the idea of Christmas fills you with dread, there are a number of countries around the world where 25th December is not even a public holiday.
You can hop on a plane, and in a matter of hours, the horrors of present buying, TV specials and the Queen's speech can all be left behind.
In the true spirit of the festive season, we bring you the top ten anti-Christmas getaways.
Least Christmassy places on the planet
Click on thumbnail to view. Story continues after photos. (Photos: Wikimedia Commons, Luxury Retreats, Reuters, AFP, Dhilung Kirat)