- « 10 more of the world's quirkiest hotels »
- « 5 ways to save on your next air ticket »
- « Inside Europe's 10 most beautiful castles and palaces »
- « 'War of hotels' breaks out ahead of Tokyo Olympics »
- « Service charge higher than Malaysian visa fee in China »
- « Malaysia to grant visa exemption for China group tourists »
- « 5 reasons why we love eslite hotel Taipei »
- « How to be a smarter traveller than your smartphone »
- « Japanese toilet giant flipping open lid on new museum »
- « River Safari to host Panda Party for Kai Kai and Jia Jia »
10 places to avoid Christmas
Skyscanner | Tue, Dec 24 2013
This article was originally published on the flight comparison site Skyscanner.
If the idea of Christmas fills you with dread, there are a number of countries around the world where 25th December is not even a public holiday.
You can hop on a plane, and in a matter of hours, the horrors of present buying, TV specials and the Queen's speech can all be left behind.
In the true spirit of the festive season, we bring you the top ten anti-Christmas getaways.
Least Christmassy places on the planet
Click on thumbnail to view. Story continues after photos. (Photos: Wikimedia Commons, Luxury Retreats, Reuters, AFP, Dhilung Kirat)