- « The Next step in hotel service - an app to manage your stay »
- « Air rage 2014: Things you just cannot do on flights »
- « Asian destinations dominate TripAdvisor's places to see in 2015 »
- « Man treks over 7,000km across Japan for epic wedding proposal »
- « KL, Vigan in Philippines named new 'Urban Wonders' of the world »
- « Taiwanese budget carrier V Air launches maiden flight »
- « Singapore travellers pick Taipei as best place to celebrate NYE »
- « In Serbia's remote east, ancient 'gold rivers' still offer hope »
- « Trip Tips: Iceland's Lights require patience, warm clothes »
- « First Etihad superjumbo to take off next week »
10 places to avoid Christmas
Skyscanner | Tue, Dec 24 2013
This article was originally published on the flight comparison site Skyscanner.
If the idea of Christmas fills you with dread, there are a number of countries around the world where 25th December is not even a public holiday.
You can hop on a plane, and in a matter of hours, the horrors of present buying, TV specials and the Queen's speech can all be left behind.
In the true spirit of the festive season, we bring you the top ten anti-Christmas getaways.
Least Christmassy places on the planet
Click on thumbnail to view. Story continues after photos. (Photos: Wikimedia Commons, Luxury Retreats, Reuters, AFP, Dhilung Kirat)