- « How to enjoy a 10-day trip to Japan for less than $1,700 »
- « More secrets about flying that are best left unknown »
- « New chief struggles to refresh national carrier »
- « 7 creepy things you should never do on the plane »
- « Sake royalty »
- « Hard to resist »
- « Food and drink as Mother Nature intended »
- « Changi passenger traffic slips 3.8 per cent in January »
- « Exploring Greater Jakarta by commuter train »
- « 5 free things to do in Bali »
10 places to avoid Christmas
Skyscanner | Tue, Dec 24 2013
This article was originally published on the flight comparison site Skyscanner.
If the idea of Christmas fills you with dread, there are a number of countries around the world where 25th December is not even a public holiday.
You can hop on a plane, and in a matter of hours, the horrors of present buying, TV specials and the Queen's speech can all be left behind.
In the true spirit of the festive season, we bring you the top ten anti-Christmas getaways.
Least Christmassy places on the planet
Click on thumbnail to view. Story continues after photos. (Photos: Wikimedia Commons, Luxury Retreats, Reuters, AFP, Dhilung Kirat)