- « Get holiday tips from ST's new Travel Community »
- « Japan to see average to warmer weather in Nov-Jan »
- « Kids take centre stage at River Safari's first trick-or-treat event »
- « 11 reasons why travellers keep going back to Krabi »
- « KLIA and Changi have Ebola checks in place »
- « Snapshot of Sabah scenery tops global photography contest »
- « Asian destinations give best value for Singapore travellers »
- « North Korea to bar foreign tourists over Ebola concerns »
- « Lee Kuan Yew and late wife immortalised in romantic tribute at Madame Tussauds »
- « Picasso museum in Paris finally reopens after much controversy »
10 places to avoid Christmas
Skyscanner | Tue, Dec 24 2013
This article was originally published on the flight comparison site Skyscanner.
If the idea of Christmas fills you with dread, there are a number of countries around the world where 25th December is not even a public holiday.
You can hop on a plane, and in a matter of hours, the horrors of present buying, TV specials and the Queen's speech can all be left behind.
In the true spirit of the festive season, we bring you the top ten anti-Christmas getaways.
Least Christmassy places on the planet
Click on thumbnail to view. Story continues after photos. (Photos: Wikimedia Commons, Luxury Retreats, Reuters, AFP, Dhilung Kirat)