- « Tighter tourism rules at Malaysian wildlife sanctuary »
- « AirAsia seen to benefit from Malaysia Airlines route revamp »
- « More Singaporeans opting for self-drive holidays »
- « Knee Defender a hit after in-flight spat »
- « Lubang: Rugged refuge »
- « Calling Singapore space travellers »
- « Sparkly Christmas by the Bay »
- « Timor-Leste: Asia's next tourism hotspot? »
- « Qantas stays loyal to its frequent flyer "cash cow" »
- « For jaded traveller with $125k to spare »
10 places to avoid Christmas
Skyscanner | Tue, Dec 24 2013
This article was originally published on the flight comparison site Skyscanner.
If the idea of Christmas fills you with dread, there are a number of countries around the world where 25th December is not even a public holiday.
You can hop on a plane, and in a matter of hours, the horrors of present buying, TV specials and the Queen's speech can all be left behind.
In the true spirit of the festive season, we bring you the top ten anti-Christmas getaways.
Least Christmassy places on the planet
Click on thumbnail to view. Story continues after photos. (Photos: Wikimedia Commons, Luxury Retreats, Reuters, AFP, Dhilung Kirat)