- « Lax checks at China airport led to 'chaotic incidents' »
- « Suiran, Kyoto, where the traditional and modern blend »
- « Island hopping, trekking and swimming in the Maldives »
- « Bruneian tourists big spenders in Malaysia »
- « Bucolic Kerala »
- « Portugal: Sun, sand and history »
- « Travel black book: India's paradise on earth »
- « Passenger subdued after arson attempt on Chinese plane: reports »
- « Backpack or bikini? »
- « Korea's top beaches for a refreshing summer »
10 places to avoid Christmas
Skyscanner | Tue, Dec 24 2013
This article was originally published on the flight comparison site Skyscanner.
If the idea of Christmas fills you with dread, there are a number of countries around the world where 25th December is not even a public holiday.
You can hop on a plane, and in a matter of hours, the horrors of present buying, TV specials and the Queen's speech can all be left behind.
In the true spirit of the festive season, we bring you the top ten anti-Christmas getaways.
Least Christmassy places on the planet
Click on thumbnail to view. Story continues after photos. (Photos: Wikimedia Commons, Luxury Retreats, Reuters, AFP, Dhilung Kirat)