- « Atlantic City's $3 billion Revel Casino closing after two years »
- « Top travel tips for a hassle-free journey »
- « Segway tours now available for Marina Bay area »
- « The world's friendliest and unfriendliest cities »
- « Thai tour guides accuse Chinese of stealing clients »
- « Newest UNESCO sites bring total to over 1,000 »
- « AirAsia seen gaining from expected MAS restructuring as Q2 results improve »
- « Hua Hin stalls dismantled, owners made to return beach to public »
- « The summer search for cool, soothing waters »
- « Two missing tourists 'stranded on island' »
10 places to avoid Christmas
Skyscanner | Tue, Dec 24 2013
This article was originally published on the flight comparison site Skyscanner.
If the idea of Christmas fills you with dread, there are a number of countries around the world where 25th December is not even a public holiday.
You can hop on a plane, and in a matter of hours, the horrors of present buying, TV specials and the Queen's speech can all be left behind.
In the true spirit of the festive season, we bring you the top ten anti-Christmas getaways.
Least Christmassy places on the planet
Click on thumbnail to view. Story continues after photos. (Photos: Wikimedia Commons, Luxury Retreats, Reuters, AFP, Dhilung Kirat)