- « Japan to see average to warmer weather in Nov-Jan »
- « Kids take centre stage at River Safari's first trick-or-treat event »
- « 11 reasons why travellers keep going back to Krabi »
- « KLIA and Changi have Ebola checks in place »
- « Snapshot of Sabah scenery tops global photography contest »
- « Asian destinations give best value for Singapore travellers »
- « North Korea to bar foreign tourists over Ebola concerns »
- « Lee Kuan Yew and late wife immortalised in romantic tribute at Madame Tussauds »
- « Picasso museum in Paris finally reopens after much controversy »
- « Singapore will be first Madame Tussauds museum to have boat ride »
Philippines, India have best beaches in Asia: TripAdvisor
Relax | Wed, Mar 19 2014
SINGAPORE - Two pristine Philippine beaches of Boracay have been named the top beaches in Asia, according to the TripAdvisors' Travellers' Choice Awards.
Boracay's White Beach was crowned the best beach in Asia, while Yapak Beach (Puka Shell Beach) appeared in the sixth position. Secret Lagoon Beach in the Philippines took the fifth position.
Over in India, Radhanagar and Agonda Beaches were ranked second and third places in the listing, while Cavelossim Beach took the ninth spot, reported TripAdvisor.
Thailand, a popular destination in Southeast Asia known for its beaches, appeared thrice in the ranking. Nai Harn Beach, Railay Beach and Phra Nang Beach received the fifth, seventh and tenth spots respectively.
In its second edition, the awards seek to recognise over 322 beaches around the world by ranking them based on millions of travellers who submitted their reviews and opinions over a 12-month period.
The winners were determined by the number of positive reviews and ratings for the beaches on TripAdvisor, and were listed according to their regions such as Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Europe and South America.
From the listings, TripAdvisor determined the 10 best beaches in the world with Brazil's Baia do Sancho taking the top spot. Other popular beaches in the world ranking include beaches from Australia's Whitehaven Beach to the Anse Lazio beach in Seychelles.
None of the beaches in Asia appeared in this global ranking.
Best beaches in the world 2014: TripAdvisor
Click on thumbnail to view. (Photos: TripAdvisor, Simrose-goa.com, Wikimedia Commons)