- « Killing of 2 Britons 'will hit Thai tourism hard' »
- « 10 places to avoid, if you don't like holiday crowds »
- « Department stores in Japan gear up for duty-free expansion »
- « Police remove passenger from Tigerair flight for 'terror doodles' »
- « Mekong Cruise »
- « The scarlet in San Francisco »
- « Chan Brothers Holiday Fiesta »
- « Festival on a ship »
- « Joint effort helps Chinese visitors claim tax refunds »
- « Travel black book: Escape to Ibiza »
Sex in the air – not!
The Star/Asia News Network | Thu, Feb 13 2014
THE pilot of an American Delta Air Lines took the drastic action of "offloading" a woman after she got hot and heavy on the male passenger seated next to her.
The plane was flying from Baltimore-Washington to Salt Lake City, Utah, reported Gawker Media's Jalopnik.com.
With tongue firmly in cheek, the website described the area as "... widely considered America's two sexiest metro areas and the corridor between them is usually thought of as the Bermuda Triangle of Arousal".
The female traveller was said to have gotten intoxicated and started coming on strong on the guy next to her. When he rejected her advances, the amorous woman turned aggressive and abusive. She even threatened to "... f***ing kill" him.
The aggressor was subsequently restrained with handcuffs, though this failed to contain her anger and ranting.
As this was not part of the in-flight entertainment and was, in fact, a safety issue, the pilot decided to make an emergency landing in Minneapolis-St Paul.
The inebriated woman was promptly ejected from the aircraft and may apparently face US federal charges.
Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow. And if you're flying, be good!
Mid-flight drama: Amorous woman offloaded for turning aggressive on board
Click on thumbnail to view. Story continues after photos. (Photos: YouTube screengrabs)