- « TV shows sway Koreans’ choices of overseas travel destinations »
- « 11 dead, flights hit as Japan reels from winter snowstorm »
- « Three air-bag accidents at Boeing plant lead to extra safety measures »
- « US issues worldwide travel alert »
- « Man treks over 7,000km across Japan for epic wedding proposal »
- « The Next step in hotel service - an app to manage your stay »
- « Air rage 2014: Things you just cannot do on flights »
- « Asian destinations dominate TripAdvisor's places to see in 2015 »
- « KL, Vigan in Philippines named new 'Urban Wonders' of the world »
- « Taiwanese budget carrier V Air launches maiden flight »
S'poreans among top jet-setters in region
The New Paper | Sat, Aug 17 2013
SINGAPORE - Singaporeans are among the most well-travelled in the Asia-Pacific, according to a survey.
Some 78 per cent of participants surveyed said they had travelled for international leisure in the past 12 months, according to MasterCard. Hongkongers, Thais and Chinese were the region's other jet-setters.
Regional destinations remained popular with Singaporeans, with budget airlines their favourite mode of travel.
Over the next 12 months, 40 per cent of Singaporeans polled said they intend to travel to Australia, with 37 per cent wanting to go to Japan and Thailand.
Get The New Paper for more stories.