- « R2-D2 plane to spirit Star Wars fans far, far away »
- « How the art of tsukemen became known »
- « Tongyeong: Gateway to Korean islet bliss »
- « 4 koalas from Australia arrive at Singapore Zoo »
- « 3 easy ways to get free accommodation when you travel »
- « Taiwan to allow Chinese visitors to buy insurance in island by June: Sources »
- « 12 best Asian beaches for that perfect long weekend »
- « 5 Hollywood holiday spots near Singapore »
- « Vietnamese head abroad for holidays »
- « See works of master craftsmen in spring »
S'poreans among top jet-setters in region
The New Paper | Sat, Aug 17 2013
SINGAPORE - Singaporeans are among the most well-travelled in the Asia-Pacific, according to a survey.
Some 78 per cent of participants surveyed said they had travelled for international leisure in the past 12 months, according to MasterCard. Hongkongers, Thais and Chinese were the region's other jet-setters.
Regional destinations remained popular with Singaporeans, with budget airlines their favourite mode of travel.
Over the next 12 months, 40 per cent of Singaporeans polled said they intend to travel to Australia, with 37 per cent wanting to go to Japan and Thailand.
Get The New Paper for more stories.