- « Singapore shopping portal streetdeal.sg fined $25,000 »
- « Mt. Fuji reproduced in Lego blocks »
- « No change in Britons' travel plans after murders here »
- « ACM ranked No. 1 on travel website »
- « Five reasons to visit Busan this fall »
- « Leonardo da Vinci exhibition at ArtScience Museum this Nov »
- « Russia's Northstar to build beach resort in Bintan »
- « Blind men conquer Mt Kinabalu »
- « Tourists asked not to eat while walking »
- « 1st Hotel Jen of the Shangri-La group opens in Singapore »
S'poreans among top jet-setters in region
The New Paper | Sat, Aug 17 2013
SINGAPORE - Singaporeans are among the most well-travelled in the Asia-Pacific, according to a survey.
Some 78 per cent of participants surveyed said they had travelled for international leisure in the past 12 months, according to MasterCard. Hongkongers, Thais and Chinese were the region's other jet-setters.
Regional destinations remained popular with Singaporeans, with budget airlines their favourite mode of travel.
Over the next 12 months, 40 per cent of Singaporeans polled said they intend to travel to Australia, with 37 per cent wanting to go to Japan and Thailand.
Get The New Paper for more stories.