- « How to explore Turkey in 7 days with a budget of $1,000 »
- « AirAsia ASEAN pass for regional travel »
- « Russians are coming »
- « Seeing doubles? 9 European alternatives to the world's top attractions »
- « Travel back in time by visiting these 10 ancient cities »
- « Feeling royal? Here's 10 palatial hotels that'll match your mood »
- « Eat Till You Drop »
- « No need for keys at W Hotel Singapore »
- « Ascott to launch first Citadines serviced residence in South Korea »
- « 4 major travel agencies back out of NATAS, plan own fair »
S'poreans among top jet-setters in region
The New Paper | Sat, Aug 17 2013
SINGAPORE - Singaporeans are among the most well-travelled in the Asia-Pacific, according to a survey.
Some 78 per cent of participants surveyed said they had travelled for international leisure in the past 12 months, according to MasterCard. Hongkongers, Thais and Chinese were the region's other jet-setters.
Regional destinations remained popular with Singaporeans, with budget airlines their favourite mode of travel.
Over the next 12 months, 40 per cent of Singaporeans polled said they intend to travel to Australia, with 37 per cent wanting to go to Japan and Thailand.
Get The New Paper for more stories.