- « Tourists soak in sights and sounds of Malaysia's National Day procession »
- « Walking tours show harsh realities of Tokyo, Osaka »
- « Mt Ishizuchi: The journey to find another self on a sacred mountain »
- « 'Empty' MAS flight: Shot was taken before others boarded »
- « AirAsia kicks off free trial of in-flight WiFi service »
- « Singapore-Vietnam air passenger traffic soars »
- « Gardens by the Bay to sparkle for Christmas »
- « Prepare food for Kai Kai and Jia Jia on new tour »
- « HK beats Thailand as S'pore's top travel choice »
- « Flap to Guangzhou for delectable roast birds »
S'poreans among top jet-setters in region
The New Paper | Sat, Aug 17 2013
SINGAPORE - Singaporeans are among the most well-travelled in the Asia-Pacific, according to a survey.
Some 78 per cent of participants surveyed said they had travelled for international leisure in the past 12 months, according to MasterCard. Hongkongers, Thais and Chinese were the region's other jet-setters.
Regional destinations remained popular with Singaporeans, with budget airlines their favourite mode of travel.
Over the next 12 months, 40 per cent of Singaporeans polled said they intend to travel to Australia, with 37 per cent wanting to go to Japan and Thailand.
Get The New Paper for more stories.