- « Scoot celebrates all-787 fleet with sale »
- « Installation of SIA's premium economy seats delayed, flights affected »
- « 10 ways to fall asleep on a plane »
- « Potentially pregnant panda Jia Jia celebrates 7th birthday in Singapore »
- « 47 countries to enjoy visa-free entry to Indonesia by October »
- « Rules eased for foreign tourists on road trips »
- « In awe of modern history at Nagasaki's Gunkanjima island »
- « Shilla Stay Mapo opens in Seoul »
- « Stay package with free HK airport lounge access »
- « Happy meals in the air »
S'poreans among top jet-setters in region
The New Paper | Sat, Aug 17 2013
SINGAPORE - Singaporeans are among the most well-travelled in the Asia-Pacific, according to a survey.
Some 78 per cent of participants surveyed said they had travelled for international leisure in the past 12 months, according to MasterCard. Hongkongers, Thais and Chinese were the region's other jet-setters.
Regional destinations remained popular with Singaporeans, with budget airlines their favourite mode of travel.
Over the next 12 months, 40 per cent of Singaporeans polled said they intend to travel to Australia, with 37 per cent wanting to go to Japan and Thailand.
Get The New Paper for more stories.