- « Changi goes all out to please travellers »
- « AirAsia operations now in KKIA Terminal 1 »
- « Family fun: Running with your kids in strollers »
- « Borneo Safari: Macho vehicles versus mud »
- « 'Year-end Getaway' at Conrad Seoul »
- « Ride on Korail's Oriental Express »
- « Hawaii gears up for Christmas spectaculars »
- « South Beach chic for former NCO club »
- « 6 lessons learnt in the great outdoors of Indonesia from a misfortune »
- « Cheapest weeks to travel to your favourite destinations in 2016 »
S'poreans among top jet-setters in region
The New Paper | Sat, Aug 17 2013
SINGAPORE - Singaporeans are among the most well-travelled in the Asia-Pacific, according to a survey.
Some 78 per cent of participants surveyed said they had travelled for international leisure in the past 12 months, according to MasterCard. Hongkongers, Thais and Chinese were the region's other jet-setters.
Regional destinations remained popular with Singaporeans, with budget airlines their favourite mode of travel.
Over the next 12 months, 40 per cent of Singaporeans polled said they intend to travel to Australia, with 37 per cent wanting to go to Japan and Thailand.
Get The New Paper for more stories.