- « AirAsia introduces the Golden Ticket to travelling around Asean countries »
- « Serenity meets dark history on Uganda's Lake Bunyonyi »
- « Chinese family kicked off flight for refusing to fasten kid's seat belt »
- « Rajasthan sets up heritage council »
- « Trip Tips: Living the good life way, way Down Under »
- « Drive for more Muslim tourists »
- « Most popular items Chinese shoppers buy overseas »
- « Taiwan dance troupe boards China Airlines tribute plane to Singapore »
- « Didn't plan a weekend vacation? Here are 4 easy day trips near Singapore »
- « 17 most fascinating world-travelling records »
S'poreans among top jet-setters in region
The New Paper | Sat, Aug 17 2013
SINGAPORE - Singaporeans are among the most well-travelled in the Asia-Pacific, according to a survey.
Some 78 per cent of participants surveyed said they had travelled for international leisure in the past 12 months, according to MasterCard. Hongkongers, Thais and Chinese were the region's other jet-setters.
Regional destinations remained popular with Singaporeans, with budget airlines their favourite mode of travel.
Over the next 12 months, 40 per cent of Singaporeans polled said they intend to travel to Australia, with 37 per cent wanting to go to Japan and Thailand.
Get The New Paper for more stories.