- « ASEAN lane to be set up at KLIA next year »
- « 5 unique things to do in Singapore »
- « New visa rules to boost India's tourism »
- « Battlestar Galactica roller coaster to reopen early 2015: RWS »
- « More tourists unhappy with hotels, restaurants »
- « Natas fair faces challenge from new rival event »
- « Changi welcomed 4.49m passengers in October, up 1.9 per cent »
- « 'Big Four' and 20 other travel agencies opt out of Natas fair »
- « 24 agencies to hold travel fair »
- « Natas optimistic that resolution can be achieved »
S'poreans among top jet-setters in region
The New Paper | Sat, Aug 17 2013
SINGAPORE - Singaporeans are among the most well-travelled in the Asia-Pacific, according to a survey.
Some 78 per cent of participants surveyed said they had travelled for international leisure in the past 12 months, according to MasterCard. Hongkongers, Thais and Chinese were the region's other jet-setters.
Regional destinations remained popular with Singaporeans, with budget airlines their favourite mode of travel.
Over the next 12 months, 40 per cent of Singaporeans polled said they intend to travel to Australia, with 37 per cent wanting to go to Japan and Thailand.
Get The New Paper for more stories.