- « SIA's Singapore Heritage Cuisine »
- « Unesco title plants Singapore firmly on world map »
- « 5 things you need to know before you skydive »
- « Chinese travellers rely on word of mouth most for travel info »
- « 7 Perth-fect things to do around Western Australia »
- « 10 things to know about North Korea's new airport terminal »
- « Asia-Pac passenger traffic leaps 10% in May »
- « Vietnam Airlines launches new-generation Airbus plane »
- « Classic and new Hong Kong hotels worth your night's rest »
- « Australia's Jetstar cancels Bali flights due to volcanic ash »
S'poreans among top jet-setters in region
The New Paper | Sat, Aug 17 2013
SINGAPORE - Singaporeans are among the most well-travelled in the Asia-Pacific, according to a survey.
Some 78 per cent of participants surveyed said they had travelled for international leisure in the past 12 months, according to MasterCard. Hongkongers, Thais and Chinese were the region's other jet-setters.
Regional destinations remained popular with Singaporeans, with budget airlines their favourite mode of travel.
Over the next 12 months, 40 per cent of Singaporeans polled said they intend to travel to Australia, with 37 per cent wanting to go to Japan and Thailand.
Get The New Paper for more stories.