- « A day at the races: Le Mans, the biggest race on earth »
- « Scoot to take over Hangzhou services from SilkAir »
- « Customers of Asia-Euro Holidays advised to contact airlines for refund »
- « Bosnia: History, post-war, culture and more »
- « Croatia: The magic that enticed Game Of Thrones »
- « Renowned springwater enhances coffee at Shodoshima cafe »
- « KinkBNB: Airbnb-style rentals for kinky travellers »
- « Volcano woes beset Hakone »
- « STB suspends A D Travel for failing to settle refunds »
- « Free admission to Science Centre for Singaporeans on SG50 weekend »
S'poreans among top jet-setters in region
The New Paper | Sat, Aug 17 2013
SINGAPORE - Singaporeans are among the most well-travelled in the Asia-Pacific, according to a survey.
Some 78 per cent of participants surveyed said they had travelled for international leisure in the past 12 months, according to MasterCard. Hongkongers, Thais and Chinese were the region's other jet-setters.
Regional destinations remained popular with Singaporeans, with budget airlines their favourite mode of travel.
Over the next 12 months, 40 per cent of Singaporeans polled said they intend to travel to Australia, with 37 per cent wanting to go to Japan and Thailand.
Get The New Paper for more stories.