- « Private museum bridges past and future »
- « Sniffing out a new take on Singapore »
- « How to backpack like a pro »
- « How to keep your wine tasting holiday in France affordable »
- « Michelle Yeoh, Jimmy Choo faces of new British Airways route »
- « A stress-relieving weekend in Yogyakarta »
- « The healing heat of Bali's black sands »
- « Emirates to connect Dubai and Bali »
- « Work at T5, runway site 'progressing well' »
- « SIA's largest aircraft to display Singapore-themed design for SG50 »
S'poreans among top jet-setters in region
The New Paper | Sat, Aug 17 2013
SINGAPORE - Singaporeans are among the most well-travelled in the Asia-Pacific, according to a survey.
Some 78 per cent of participants surveyed said they had travelled for international leisure in the past 12 months, according to MasterCard. Hongkongers, Thais and Chinese were the region's other jet-setters.
Regional destinations remained popular with Singaporeans, with budget airlines their favourite mode of travel.
Over the next 12 months, 40 per cent of Singaporeans polled said they intend to travel to Australia, with 37 per cent wanting to go to Japan and Thailand.
Get The New Paper for more stories.