- « Japan to see average to warmer weather in Nov-Jan »
- « Kids take centre stage at River Safari's first trick-or-treat event »
- « 11 reasons why travellers keep going back to Krabi »
- « KLIA and Changi have Ebola checks in place »
- « Snapshot of Sabah scenery tops global photography contest »
- « Asian destinations give best value for Singapore travellers »
- « North Korea to bar foreign tourists over Ebola concerns »
- « Lee Kuan Yew and late wife immortalised in romantic tribute at Madame Tussauds »
- « Picasso museum in Paris finally reopens after much controversy »
- « Singapore will be first Madame Tussauds museum to have boat ride »
S'poreans among top jet-setters in region
The New Paper | Sat, Aug 17 2013
SINGAPORE - Singaporeans are among the most well-travelled in the Asia-Pacific, according to a survey.
Some 78 per cent of participants surveyed said they had travelled for international leisure in the past 12 months, according to MasterCard. Hongkongers, Thais and Chinese were the region's other jet-setters.
Regional destinations remained popular with Singaporeans, with budget airlines their favourite mode of travel.
Over the next 12 months, 40 per cent of Singaporeans polled said they intend to travel to Australia, with 37 per cent wanting to go to Japan and Thailand.
Get The New Paper for more stories.