- « 3 bike rides and a typhoon »
- « Tips to enhance your rental bicycle experience »
- « S'porean photog praises N Korea's 'world-class' ski resort but notices something missing »
- « Purple haze of jacarandas draws Japanese to South Africa »
- « Trip tips: Galway, Ireland's most Irish city »
- « Sentosa named most expensive island in SE Asia again: TripAdvisor »
- « Indian passenger body wants end to low-fare schemes »
- « Bag handlers' walkout led to Jetstar delays »
- « Get high on two wheels »
- « Supernatural splendour »
S'poreans among top jet-setters in region
The New Paper | Sat, Aug 17 2013
SINGAPORE - Singaporeans are among the most well-travelled in the Asia-Pacific, according to a survey.
Some 78 per cent of participants surveyed said they had travelled for international leisure in the past 12 months, according to MasterCard. Hongkongers, Thais and Chinese were the region's other jet-setters.
Regional destinations remained popular with Singaporeans, with budget airlines their favourite mode of travel.
Over the next 12 months, 40 per cent of Singaporeans polled said they intend to travel to Australia, with 37 per cent wanting to go to Japan and Thailand.
Get The New Paper for more stories.