- « 11 ways to tell if the plane you're on is really old »
- « 4 affordable rustic getaways not far from Singapore »
- « MATTA: Travel industry is not ready for GST »
- « Visa processing fees too high, say Indonesia agencies »
- « Shopping foreign tourists’ worst Korean experience »
- « Osaka studies taxi services for international visitors »
- « New counter to process Malaysia's fast-track clearance pass in Orchard »
- « Xi'an: Jewel of ancient China still shines brightly »
- « Beautiful cherry blossoms in China prompt ugly behaviour »
- « Here's why you should never buy travel insurance from airlines »
S'poreans among top jet-setters in region
The New Paper | Sat, Aug 17 2013
SINGAPORE - Singaporeans are among the most well-travelled in the Asia-Pacific, according to a survey.
Some 78 per cent of participants surveyed said they had travelled for international leisure in the past 12 months, according to MasterCard. Hongkongers, Thais and Chinese were the region's other jet-setters.
Regional destinations remained popular with Singaporeans, with budget airlines their favourite mode of travel.
Over the next 12 months, 40 per cent of Singaporeans polled said they intend to travel to Australia, with 37 per cent wanting to go to Japan and Thailand.
Get The New Paper for more stories.