Firemen help free man's hand from meat grinder

Firemen help free man's hand from meat grinder
PHOTO: The Star/Asia News Network

MIRI - A kitchen helper at a hotel here was involved in a horrific accident when his hand was caught in a meat grinder.

The incident happened at about 11pm Monday night as kitchen staff were preparing food for the following day.

Firemen from the Miri Fire and Rescue Department were called in free the victim's hand.

Miri fire chief Supt Law Poh Kiong said firemen had to disassemble the grinding machine to free the man's hand and rushed him to the Miri Hospital once he was free.

The man remained conscious throughout the ordeal but was in considerable pain, he said.

More about

Accidents
Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDED CONTENT

SPONSORED CONTENT

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.