Malaysian woman suffers burns after smartphone explodes

Malaysian woman suffers burns after smartphone explodes
PHOTO: Pixabay

A woman sleeping near her smartphone suffered severe burns on her arm after the phone exploded at her house in Seksyen 7, Shah Alam Selangor, reported Harian Metro.

The incident took place about 4.20am on Sunday when the phone scorched the mattress after it exploded.

Victim, Nur Filzah Abdul Rahm­an, a bank clerk, 24, said she charg­ed her phone the night before and left it on the mattress.

“I charged it at about 12.30am, and will usually leave it on the floor before falling asleep.

“That night I forgot about it and left it on the the mattress,” she said.

“At about 4.20am, I felt piercing hot pain on my arm and thought I was dreaming. When I touched the phone I felt burning pain and flung it off the bed. The room was filled with smoke,” she said.

She and a friend put out the fire with a bucket of water, she said.

 

More about

smartphones fires
Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDED CONTENT

SPONSORED CONTENT

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.